The Northwestern Vermont Board of REALTORS® (NVBR) has released its market statistics for August 2017. The information is derived from data contained in the New England Real Estate Network and covers Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle Counties.
Changes for August over last year at this time include:
– New Listings were down 3.7 percent for Single Family homes and decreased 18.5 percent for Townhouse-Condo properties.
– Pending Sales increased 16.1 percent for Single Family homes but decreased 1.5 percent for Townhouse-Condo properties.
– The median sales price was up 10.7 percent to $292,500 for Single Family homes and 4.6 percent to $224,950 for townhouse-condo properties.
– Closed sales increased 3.3 percent for Single Family properties and decreased 12.3 percent for townhouse- condo properties.
– Average days on market decreased 28.3 percent or 81 days for Single Family homes and decreased 23.7 percent or 71 days for the townhouse-condo market.
– Month’s supply of inventory decreased 20 percent, or 5.6 months for Single Family units and decreased 20.0 percent, or 3.2 months for townhouse-condo units.